Click to Home
Go To Search
Business Resources
While corporations must register with the Secretary of State, if you engage in business using any name other than your own, it must be registered under the Fictitious Name Act. It protects both business and the public. The Fictitious Name must be advertised one time in a newspaper in the county where the applicant's principal place of business will be located and proof of publication need not be submitted.

You may obtain forms for registering your fictitious name from a local newspaper or Fictitious Name Department at 850-245-6058, or visit Corporation information is also available at

Contact Information
All business which buy for resale or offer for sale or lease tangible personal property, or which offer real property for rent must register with the Department of Revenue and be issued a Sales Tax number. You may obtain your sales tax number at:
  Sales Tax Information

Once you apply for a City of Hollywood Business Tax Receipt, it may be necessary for you to obtain a business tax receipt from Broward County. Contact:
  Broward County Local Business Tax Receipt Department
  115 S. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale

Restaurants are required to have a Hotel & Restaurant License. Contact:
  Hotel & Restaurant Commission

A Hotel & Restaurant License is required for apartments and rental units if there are five or more units under one roof, rented on an annual basis. If the owner lives in one of the five units, he does not need a Hotel & Restaurant License. All units rented on a weekly, monthly or "transient" basis are required to obtain a Hotel & Restaurant License regardless of the number of units.

To sell alcoholic beverages, you must first obtain an Alcoholic Beverage License. Contact:
  State of Florida Beverage Department
  5080 Coconut Creek Pkwy, Suite C
  Margate, FL 33063
  954-917-1346 (Enforcement)
  954-917-1350 (License)