A major project was recently completed when water and sewer lines were replaced along Surf Road and the east / west side streets. This was the first of a multiphase capital improvements project implemented by the City of Hollywood's Design and Construction Management Department.
About the Projects
The project spans 52 blocks, from Sherman Street to Magnolia Terrace. Other details include:
- Adding new fire hydrants to meet increased demand
- Replacing 6-inch diameter water main with 12-inch diameter water main
- Replacing 8-inch diameter clay sewer pipe with 8-inch diameter PVC pipe
- Replacing brick sanitary manhole with precast concrete structures
- Upgrading water and sewer up to property line